What to Expect During Your Roof Replacement
Regardless of your construction requirements, MLC’s roofing experts are standing by to work with you to improve your home with our far-reaching expertise and skill. Still, you might have some questions about the roof replacement process that can be answered before you give us a call.
After you’ve contacted us for a free roof inspection and replacement estimate, our team will create a personalized strategy for your home based on the following steps:
- Shingles Removal: We will remove your roof’s existing shingles (or tiles, metal, or other roofing material), depositing them into a roll-off dumpster or other receptacle. We’ll use tarps and other tools to ensure your foundation plantings, shrubs, and other surrounding surfaces remain undamaged.
- Minor Repairs: If your roof underlayment only has minor issues, we’ll immediately begin repairs. If they’re more complex, we’ll start replacing old materials with new, stronger ones.
- Layering Asphalt Roofing Paper: To protect your home from water leaks, we’ll layer the roof with rows of roofing paper to form a sturdy barrier against the elements.
- Perform Installations: If and where necessary, we’ll install new valley flashing, metal drip edging, tab shingles, metal sheeting, tiles, flashing, and a ridge vent across your roof to further protect your home. If your home has special design elements that need to be taken into consideration, you can be sure that we will address those elements throughout our roof replacement process.
- Debris Removal: Finally, we’ll perform a final cleanup to remove the remaining debris and thoroughly inspect your new roof to ensure our standards of quality are met.
With these main steps completed, you can enjoy your new roof and improved home!
How to Know if Your Home Needs a Roof Replacement
Aside from understanding what occurs during a roof replacement, it’s also crucial for homeowners to know the signs that precede the process. Some common indicators that it’s time to give our team a call include:
- Interior Signs: If your attic has beams of light streaming through the ceiling, it could mean you have a leaky roof.
- Weathered Shingles: Damaged, cracked, or buckling shingles are a telltale sign that repairs should be made.
- Sagging Surface: If your roof looks like it’s “sagging,” you should waste no time and begin replacement as soon as possible, as this could be a sign of rotting material.
How Much Does a Roof Replacement Cost?
There are many factors to consider when approaching a roof replacement, which is why costs can vary widely from roof to roof. Fortunately, our construction experts are here to guide you through every step of the process, including providing you with an accurate and free estimate.
Contact us today for a free estimate!